Barest Baby Needs.

Preparing for your LO can be UN-nerving and sometimes down right stressful! So How do we prepare for bringing home a newborn? What do we buy when there is so much baby gear out there? What is an absolute NEED?

Yep that's right an actual post about what you will need to take care of your new born infant. You do not need every thing on this list, that is the beauty of it. It should help give you an idea about what you as a parent feel you will need for your little one.

Clothing and Layette ((for the most part I agree with this part))

    5-8 Onesies, rompers, or other soft outfits, depending on how often you want to do laundry
    3-4 baby sleepers or sleep sacks
    5-7 pairs of baby socks
    1-2 newborn hats, depending on climate

Diapers and Bath Items ((I used a ton of baby wipes so I bought the Walmart brand 3pk for 5$ (rounding up) I nibbles my DD's nails short. I used Adult towels))

    2 packs of disposable diapers or enough cloth diapers for at least two days. Newborns can go through 10 to 12 diapers a day!
    1 pack of disposable wipes or 12 cloth wipes
    Waterproof pad for diaper changes
    3-5 baby washcloths
    1-2 hooded towels, if desired. Adult towels will work, too.
    1 bottle of gentle baby wash
    Baby nail clippers
    Digital thermometer

Bedding and Feeding ((I had a TON (20-35) blankets/receiving blankets that I used in my DD's bassinet instead of sheets. I used old clothes for burp clothes or a blanket when I was out and about..))

    3-4 fitted sheets for crib, cradle, cosleeping bassinet or traditional bassinet
    3-5 lightweight blankets or swaddlers
    1-2 heavier blankets, depending on climate
    10 burp cloths
    5-8 bottles, if you're bottle feeding
    Breastfeeding pillow, if desired

Gear and Furniture (( This is spot on with baby gear.)) ((I didn't have a baby bath for my DD I just laid her a towel and sponge bathed her until she was big enough for the bath tub))

    Car seat
    Crib, cradle, bassinet, or other safe sleep space for baby.

Where I found the list Above.

Also I bought all of my receiving blankets and any other blankets I could use for an infant at consignment shops and yard sales I think in total I spent 15$ or less on about 50 ish blankets. I also had to do my laundry once a week to once every 2 weeks at a laundry mat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entitled Grandparents and or In Laws

Life Update

How I found my house.